View Single Post
      06-29-2014, 07:48 AM   #21
Ludey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Turbo S

I looked in to one for my previous M. And was quoted similar figures, which varied with the coverage and length obviously.

I mean, it's basically a peace of mind thing. The chances are slim that you'll blow an engine or your DCT goes. Is that peace of mind for the coverage worth 5k? That's going to be more of a personal choice than a numbers decision.

For me personally, it was not worth it. Had it been in the $2500 range, then maybe. But I get the peace of mind from the fact that, in general, these are extremely well engineered vehicles, capable of standing the test of time.

As far as putting a blower on there, I would say that should a reason to NOT get the warranty. Not only will you be doing something that will void the most expensive thing the warranty covers, you'll have to remove a supercharger before going in for *anything* That's nuts. Not to mention, if you take it off before going in for something like a blown engine, then they fix it, you're doing something pretty sketchy or maybe even illegal (I don't know). Either way, its dishonest.
Appreciate 0