08-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #42
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec540 View Post
My car is at the mechanics right now. They've advised that I need to replace all the bushes on my diff. As always, I have oil, rear bushes, sealant and new bolts sitting at home but don't have the front bush. At the moment there are none in Australia so I will have to order one from Germany. In other words a piece of rubber the size of a 50 cent piece and just a few cm thick is my car's Kryptonite.

Having said that, I will still pop down as I've already paid anyway. The mechanic has advised that as long as I don't replicate the issue then I won't cause any further damage. The only saving grace is that the issue happens at 3-4krpm in second so in other words as long as I take off easy out of the pits and don't go too slow / take it easy out of slow corners I might be alright.

My intention (as long as no one has concerns) is to take the car for a couple of laps. See how it feels and if I am replicating the issue I'll stick it in the pits and take photos for everyone else. Let's hope that's not the case!
Interesting set of constraints!
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0