View Single Post
      06-13-2010, 02:54 AM   #101
NatAsp-M3
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Disclaimer: no, I don't have this mod...
but I have read the thread - and I notice an argument has shifted from this mod is faster... to now it "feels faster."

This is what the OP said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studntloan View Post
...the car is faster! it doesnt just feel faster
That statement caused the initial argument because it really hasn't been proven faster. Guys are just pointing out you're unsubstantiated statement. If you want to prove otherwise, it's easy -not a video, just get a Vbox - it's less than $500 for goodness sake. Post the data, it's easy enough to verify the validity and there's a good database to compare results.

But now, if you want to shift to how it makes you "feel," of course nobody can argue with YOUR feel of speed. But many enthusiasts are here to KNOW what will actually improve their car's performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixja View Post
Personally I'd highly recommend Powerchip for the tune. If you are going to get a tune, you might as well go with the one that in the general consensus of this forum seems to offer the most gains (I'm sure other tunes are very close, like ESS and GIAC, but vendor claims and opinion seems to show Dinan is definitely a step down).
This is a nice recommendation... "but general consensus on this forum" that powerchip offers the most gains?? Did I miss the poll? I'm sure it's good flash, but I like to form an opinion based on unbiased comparative data, and last I heard Powerchip failed to meet an ESS all-expense AND lunch paid head-to-head challenge (because they were too busy). Hell they could've sent anybody if Mike was soo busy. Then we could have seen what power was put out and the afr's and see the safety margins per output level. So without that, I hereby chime in that I am not part of your "consensus."

e90M3, sold: Akrapovic // Brembo // VRS // Eisenmann // Advan RS // ESS // Challenge
Appreciate 0