View Single Post
      09-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #91
Drifty//
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A4 quattro 3.2 MT6; E92 6MT

It's a small thing, but I try to clean the inside of my windshield before heading to the track, and the outside when refueling. Don't want any impediments to visibility. Also, I wear polarizing sunglasses.

As for mistakes... at my second HPDE, I still had yet to buy a torque wrench and hadn't managed to borrow one from anyone, by the end of the first day. But I ended up nearly losing a wheel, when leaving the track. I was definitely planning to torque my wheel bolts before the second day. So glad that didn't happen at speed! Since then, I always check before my first session of the day and after lunch, at a minimum. As someone said, DO NOT torque your wheel bolts when they're hot, as the heat makes them soft and you might not be able to remove them when they cool down.

Another mistake I made - at my first HPDE in this car, I left the jack pad adaptor in. Amazingly, it stayed in and I only noticed it afterwards!

And whoever was complaining about wind noise - wearing a full helmet makes it pretty much a non-issue. My helmet has air vents that do an adequate job of cooling.

Last edited by Drifty//; 09-07-2013 at 12:35 AM..
Appreciate 0