View Single Post
      06-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
FlyingDutchman
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 -AW

E90 M3 1577 Miles - Engine Malfunction

Well, I just dropped off my new M3 at my friendly neighborhood BMW dealer because it went into “limp mode” on my way to the office this morning.

It displayed “Engine Malfunction! Reduced Power” on the iDrive display, the redline indicator swung way over to 4000 rpm and the engine vibrated (and vicariously the whole car) noticeably at idle while waiting for traffic lights.

I must admit, I’m a little concerned. I followed break-in to the letter and just started to drive the car more aggressively following my 1200 mile service. It sat unused in the garage all weekend until my commute to work this morning and it seemed fine until about 5 miles into my commute.

The dealer was very accommodating and provided an x3 loaner to get me to the office but I still have not heard from them as to what the issue may be. I’ll keep you all posted as news becomes available.