View Single Post
      10-06-2010, 07:54 AM   #17
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
The Boss 302 will beat the M3 like a rented mule.

I don't give a damn either way, but big companies don't make announcements like this unless the outcome is already in the bag.

Witness the GT-R against the Porsche Turbo. Nissan made this clear well beforehand, as Ford has just done.

Bruce
Well Bruce, you are obviously generalizing. I can give you two quick examples.

1. AUDI RS5

2. The CTS-V Challenge

However, Ford has had 4 years to build a car that can compete with the m3 in terms of performance so I wouldn't be surprised if the Boss can outperform the m3 in certain categories (i.e., 1/4mi).

However, I am glad that Ford is doing well and building cars that threaten the m3 becuase when the new m3 comes out, it will be that much better.

Would I drive a Mustang? I used to say that I would NEVER drive a Mustang. Now, I probably still won't, but the idea of a Mustang does enter my train of thought.

Me day dreaming...

...hmmm, it doesn't look bad.
...wow, great performance numbers
...that jet black one looks so aggresive
...damn, not a bad price...I think I can squeeze one into my garage next to the m3 and use it as a DD

Poof....my redneck buddy comes driving by in his Mustang and I say to myself, "man, I can never drive one of these"...LOL!

I had the same thought about the Chrysler 300C until the one on 30" rims comes rolling by....LOL.

My point is, that many cars out there can compete with an m3 on some levels but few cars can actually compete with an m3 on all or most levels.

Just my two cents...

-SZ

-SZ

Last edited by SUB-ZERO; 10-06-2010 at 08:08 AM..
Appreciate 0