08-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #16
urbo73
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEH View Post
urbo while you have some decent points for track knewbs.. you contradict yourself alot...

I agree with Lucid mostly...

also you ALWAYS have to be aware of everything that can happen.. lug bolt or whatever.. you are aware of that stuff.. you think of them.. thats why you tq your wheels in the morning...

the OP asks which track to go to in his M3.. and just posts later your telling him dont worry about this or that.. BUT he shouldn't even take the M.. and take his other car....

Let him do what he wants... You dont really know his experience... He asked about which track.. and something alot of people consider is the safety of the track.. thats top 3 on alot of peoples lists actually... thats a fact that VIR has more run off then WGI... also VIR has a safety station at its secondary pit/paddock right after the Oak tree... where as WGI has limited access points also...

So anyways.. you have to think of all the situations and be totally aware of your surroundings... that just makes it safer for you...
I'm not sure how I contradict myself "a lot", but anyway, to each his own. Perhaps you can elaborate on where I did that...The OP can do what he wants - I never said do this or do that. I was just pointing out something I described in my post above. I replied originally with VIR, but not because it's safer. Because I prefer it. My reply was more to the other posts.

Having raced in SCCA FF at these tracks some time back, I'm quite aware of being aware. I'm also quite aware of NOT thinking about these things when driving, which was my point. That is in no way a contradiction. I am also aware of people pushing too hard with too little experience at a track - regardless of their skill level. Especially at DE events. And the consequences that follow...
Appreciate 0