View Single Post
      08-11-2008, 07:03 AM   #19
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-BMW View Post
So if in fact the M3 E93 deck lid is the same as the 335i E93 deck lid (and I don't think that is true, especially for the 2009 M3 E93), something has changed because the 2008 M3 E9s owners for some reason don't experience the noise.
Well, like I say, if the decklid for the M3 is different, then they will start using that same piece on the 335i at the exact same time. Absolutely no reason not to. I strongly doubt it is different though, really. If the M3s really don't end up with this problem (which could very well be), then there is something else different about the M3 that has fixed/alleviated it. It could be anything at all, including things that are just different about the M3 in general such as the suspension/drivetrain or rear fender body work.

Anyway, the point is, no reason to avoid a 335i decklid (as long as its a current one, going on the off chance that they did change it, which again, I doubt), unless it is just because you are superstitious. That particular piece of the car is almost 100% certainly not the root cause of the problem.
Appreciate 1