07-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #37
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
i think putting an authorization on a CC with contingency for $1k is fair.
Is that like, when you rent a car or a hotel room, and they put this additional charge on your credit card, in case of damage, etc.? And the hold is left there until a 2-3 after you return the car/ check out of the hotel room?

I agree it's what you would normally expect.
  • You order a product.
  • You get a defective product.
  • You ship the defective product back. You pay for the shipping to send it back. Although I've seen companies go above and beyond. Like pay for the product to be shipped back. But I don't think most do that. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
  • They check the product.
  • The product is defective, they refund you for the original product + the supplemental shipping costs.

But James must feel like he's been "victimized" twice. I would be pretty ticked off myself if I paid $2000 for a hood, found that it was of poor quality, and had to pay for the hood to be shipped back, and then wait patiently for the other party to examine the hood and determine whether or not it was defective after all.

Kinda like when you get a new car, and then it starts giving you all sorts of trouble. Dealer's going to keep repairing it - rather than giving you a new car - and, if it's quite expensive and will cost the manufacturer $$/$$$, waiting until the dealership obtains authorization from head office to go ahead and repair the customer's car under warranty.