10-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #60
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadious View Post
There is no logic for a car to leak. The last car that I have been in that leaked was a 1983 Alfa Romeo. To have a $70,000 car leak during a rain storm is unacceptable. I know that the car is fun to drive but I like my suits not to be wet while I am driving. I am sure that you would feel the same way if your car is dripping water on you while you are driving.
Yes, and it is not acceptable to have an engine defect, or an electronics problem, which we seem to hear a lot about on internet forums with M3s or BMWs in general. But, "stuff" happens because no manufacturing process is perfect. I suppose I'd rather have a few drips on my suit than a sputtering engine or warning lights going off incessantly. Fortunately, I've never had to deal with any of the above.

It does not appear to be a widespread problem, except in this thread among a few posters. One or two occurrences seem to get multiplied 10-fold or more on these forums, and people leap to the conclusion that most ALL E93s leak. That was my point.

Last edited by foosh; 10-14-2009 at 11:17 PM..
Appreciate 0