08-24-2010, 08:03 PM   #15
301Bimmer9
It's Playtime
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petlizard View Post
I've got a set of Continental DWs for sale if you are interested. 275/35 19'. $200.00

They've got less than 200 miles on them.
I may have to take you up on that but I'll check some winter wheel/tire packages as the ZCP wheels may not be a good call in the snow, salt, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarl16 View Post
If money is not a problem, throw some winter tires on and buy new wheels with summer tires next spring!

In general, I would keep my car off the road unless I had no choice but to drive it. Besides being more dangerous to drive, all the sand and salt on the roads, plus the terrible winter drivers in our area, are added risks.

I had an '04 G35 several years ago, and it was terrible in the snow with the stock tires. I got a set of the Dunlops and it was very reliable in small accumulations of snow.

OP, where do you live in MOCO? I'm in Bethesda, and I'm always looking for more e92's but everyone on these forums who likes to do anything seems to be from NOVA.
I think I'm leaning towards a dedicated winter set of tires. Even though I'm getting an SUV for my fiance I can't live with paying $1000/mo to have a car sit in the garage. I'll miss it too much unless we get those blizzards again then I'll gladly sit my butt inside and work from home!

I live up in Germantown in the new townhome/condos off of Father Hurley. I'm always in Bethesda for work and weekends. I've only seen 2 other E9X M3's in Montgomery County this is crazy I thought there would be so many in DC and MOCO!

Thanks everyone for the help I think a dedicated winter and spring/summer setup may be the best bet. I'll be sure to if I see any of you around.