08-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #46
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post
Fanboy? Wow, havent heard that one before on this forum. Why not try and come up with some fresh terminology. Sheesh....

Ur either a passenger or a driver. If your a passenger then by all means buy Mercedes and stay away from bmw, especially the m3 and stick to posting threads in mercedes forums about which merc car gets more attention from women and which 22' rims would look better.
Mercedes makes as many or more "driver's cars" as BMW... sorry that you are so blind to that. Again, I also very much prefer BMW, especially the M3, and would not buy a Mercedes at this stage in my life. The difference though is that I can also appreciate that BMW is not the only great car out there... do I think it is the best in its category? Absolutely, which is why I own one. Comments like yours get called out as fanboism because whether you are right or wrong, you are completely blinded by the roundel and making comments that are just silly is the issue. But, let me say it again... I ultimately agree with your love of BMW and think the M3 is the top of its segment by a margin but I can also appreciate the that it isn't the only great option. And, as I said in my last post, no one "deserves" to have or not have a BMW regardless as to how much they "think" they are a true "enthusiast".
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0