View Single Post
      06-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #27
abehwang
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyix View Post
Bringing this back from the dead, the fresh oil the dealer put a year ago in the tranny didn't do smack in the long run. Like M3PO said, it goes back to being notchy. So last weekend I took the car in for its annual low mileage oil change (free under extended maintenance) and I had the tech drive the car. To my disbelieve he said the transmission is hard to go in and crunches from 1-2 and 3-2, and the clutch feels funny. So I made an appointment for Wednesday to have the foreman drive it as well, per my SA instructions. Good thing they had documented a year ago I was having issues. I noticed it helped this time, as it was not a new issue.

I shall update once I take it in. So far, the SA and tech are on my side, lets hope the foreman is as well and (crosses fingers) new tranny might be in order. If not, I have redline waiting to be put in.

I do have to say though, the shifting has worsened over time. Makes me re think getting a manual.

And before anyone says its because of the Shifter, it was doing this when the stock unit was in as well. Nothing changed after short throw shifter was installed.
For my car, the shifting is notchy from 1-2 depending on my acceleration.
I posted a while back where when I shift from 1 - 2, my foot would be on the gas pedal at like 2-5% throttle while clutching in, then shift (not forcefully, but until shifter naturally falls into 2) then clutch out and slight throttle at the engagement point. Made my 1-2 smooth as butter.
I hope it's not a real grind issue but more of a driver issue because that'll be a cheaper fix haha

Fuelly :: Adelei's Gas Mileage
Appreciate 0