Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoJax View Post
Braiden Tire service was on site for the event and the tech thought my pressure may have been too low causing a lot of tire roll. I was running about 40-42 hot but then on his advise bumped it up to 45-47. Felt better but the "chunk" was getting worse, needed to save tires to drive home and didn't want to chance a blowout on the track.

I'm currently running stock 19" with staggered ps2. Thinking I'll save these for the street and get a set of 18" for the track days.
Any advise on a 18" track set would be great!!!
PS2 are known for not dealing with heat well, and are prone to chunking. We've seen it many times among the folks that track here. I'm surprised the tech recommended going to a higher PSI. With PS2 on my M3, I tried to start 32/33 cold and get up to around 38 hot. That's when they seemed to work best, but you do need to manage the tires a fair bit due to the chunking.

On a similar note, I ran both staggered and square setups. I've found that it really depends on the track. When I want good rotation, i'd go square, and when I wanted high speed stability, i'd go staggered.
Appreciate 0