10-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #20
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
There is no issue of that with the MusicarNW one. It bolts in place.
I have a MusicarNW box. Picked it up used a few months ago, but I didn't get a bolt. I saw there was a hook and loop strip on the back of it near the top, so I just added the other part on the battery box insert. Dunno how well it will work yet, as the car won't be drivable for a few more days while I finish up some odds and ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
Mine is really tight. I have to throw some of my weight into it just to get it to sit in place. It needs a pretty good tug to get it out.

Depends on what kind of amps. I can only fit one under there
I had that issue, as well. I just wanted to add an amp and a sub. I have an ID10V3D2 from a previous install that I figured would be excellent, but I couldn't find an amp that was small enough to fit in the space under the tire hatch. Everything I looked @ was too tall (over 2"), and didn't offer what I was looking for (2 ohm, 1 channel). Given the size constraints, I knew I would have to have a Class D. After searching literally every day for a couple weeks, I found this:

http://www.soundstream.com/html/amps-picasso-nano.html

Only 1.5" tall. Fits *perfectly*. I'll give it a whirl when I finish with everything and see how I like it. Should be fine, though.

Last edited by whats77inaname; 10-26-2012 at 03:13 PM..
Appreciate 0