07-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #16
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
MMMorish: Past BMC filters have used a very stiff polyurethane formula which can distort if not centered properly, has this changed with your new filter?
Hmmm, you know Tom I'm not quite sure about that. Being in the industry you'd probably know better than I would.

Why don't you discuss that with your fellow industry pro's and let us know what you guys come up with?

In the meantime, I know that the install is quite a "no brainer" type of thing that anyone with a hex screw driver and a pair of hands can do, and since the stock airbox is designed with 4 little tabs that hold the filter from the inside, it seems that centering it is achieved fairly easily
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0