View Single Post
      12-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #104
js2000
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
1. this is why when you sell something you give every last detail on what you're selling

2. this is why you buy something you ask for every last detail on what you're buying

3. in the time it's taken to post this 5 page thread the exhaust could have been installed a dozen times over

4. it's just metal tubes, how can it be so hard to install? i've seen imballin2day's car around and the exhaust was there. i've seen a similar exhaust on tightie's car, too. for all i know it's the same exact piece. my point is that obviously it does fit. no affiliation, just saying.
imballin2day
Lieutenant

Drives: M3 Dct Coupe

Send a message via AIM to imballin2day

Re: elite exhaust
Quote:

"I have no idea how much shipping will be. Its a headber back full exhaust system."

"It does include both primary and secondary cat delets. And yes it does come with the xpipe. Shipping will be pretty expensive. Are you sure you want to pay for shipping and paypal fees?"

Both are exact quote from 'Imballin2day'.

Since this was sold to me as a complete 'headerback' exhaust with both primary and secondary cat delete. It was difficult to imagine that I would be needing to cut my OEM exhaust. yes, i should have ask him if this exhaust system requires cutting right around the end of the front xpipe....had i known that this is NOT a headerback exhaust. Seeing how 'Imballin2day' obviously knew the difference between a headerback vs. a catback system, 'imballin2day' purposely chose to deceive the buyer.

so how much detail must i ask? most of the details i asked the seller were answered with lies in the end.

this exhaust has been attempted and even mounted partially to get the angle right for the correct installation. hard evidence (see previous pages) had shown that it is a tough job which my attempts at multiple exhaust shops refuse to provide any sort of guarantees that it will work. not to mention that i brought the full 'headerback' exhaust system (in closed box) to the shop just to be shocked that my OEM system must be cut for it to work. just to add salt to the injury, these exhaust shop chose to give back my money instead of installing it.

was me asking for a full refund really that unreasonable?

to 'shoei': if someone sold you a half the exhaust he/she described, cut in pieces, would you 'man up' and try to install it? if not, why write those things?

i have called 'imballin2day' who was not picking up.

i thank you and appreciate all your time, input and advice. it is a hard lesson that i've learned. although i considered myself to be quite careful, there are lower class people who just can not be avoided.

At this point, i consider this exhaust to be a total loss (unless imballin2day found his consciousness and decide to respond to my refund)

i hope my $1000 loss can at least provide some 'precautions' for future buyers to consider and not let the scammers get the best of us.

buyers beware of 'imballin2day'

P.S. anyone know how i can file an 'internet fraud' report to the police, please PM me.

thanks

Last edited by js2000; 12-09-2009 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 0