11-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #70
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
+1000

I did not buy it as a DD (M3 was 3rd car), loved driving it on sunny days or taking her out to road trips...... My fav time of the year is to take it out on sunny cold Seattle winter days where my M3 would be the cleanest car on the road..... Those are the things that I enjoyed about my car..... Of course loved detailing it.

Re: Depreciation: I sold my car for almost what I paid for it new (Little over ED invoice). She was exactly 2.5 years old with only 5K miles..... My previous 335 had a very similar story as well.

Keep on beating and tracking your cars people, it makes the garage queens that much more attractive..... (just kidding)

Overall, people buy their cars for different purposes.......

To answer Op's question: Yes, I loved driving my M3, did not mind putting miles on it and LOVED the fact it was not my DD in Seattle traffic.
So why'd you get rid of your M3? Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a burrito View Post
The M is a great vehicle and I'm proud to say that I DD my ride. Sometimes I wish my car was DCT so I could have other people in my life experience the joy. Strange thing is I never thought I would say that haha
That's actually why I love my 6MT. No joyriders. And the very FEW people that I let drive know the consequences of messing up my car. All of them went away with big grins on their faces (some BMW people, some not).
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0