Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Alpine White Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
For those of you ordering a '13, can you please post:

1) When your dealer placed your order into the order bank
2) How soon after #1 did you get your production number
3) If you have a domestic or Euro delivery

I'm reading that some people already have production numbers, so I asked my dealer, who said I won't get one for a few weeks (when production of the car actually starts). Thank you
I received my production number from Advantage BMW, Houston on August 6th, 2012. The dealer already had a modifiable order in the system. I haven't received a production date yet, but was told that it takes 45 days from the time the order is placed to the time it is delivered. Expecting delivery on Sept. 15th.

Now the hard part.... not the waiting, I can deal with that. The hard part is making sure that I get the same trade in value for my existing car (2011 Audi S5 - bought August 15th, 2010). Dealer says that they will guarantee the trade value till August 31st, but will have to reevaluate on Sept. 1st, that is when the new trade in book comes out. What have been your experiences with these situations? I know the S5 has very similar resale value as an M3... they aren't dropping in price over time as much as other cars.
Appreciate 0