05-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #60
david @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
A few questions i hope the more knowledgeable members maybe able to help with, many thanks!

Picking up my new E90 M3 in July and love the looks of the 12/15 spacers with a eibach drop. My only concern is that while this looks great i will occasionally have a full load in the boot and back seats (when taking the family on holiday etc) - will this cause me an issue?

Also if these spacers/drop combo's improve looks and handling then why does BMW not 1. make them like this from the factory 2. Offer this as an OEM upgrade kit? - There must be some drawbacks to the spacers

I regularly travel at high speeds on the Autobahn, are these kits designed to repeatedly take that sort of punishment?
I've taken dedicated track E36's w/ huge spacers on before with no issues, as well as much heavier cars and trucks on the track (yes I said trucks ) with no issues as well.

The 15/12mm sizes are close to what is the most you could put on the car, but even with a full load of passengers, there's no need to worry. Customers have left us with 15mm/12mm sizes as the best to go with as they don't rub w/ coilovers, springs, or stock suspension.
Appreciate 0