Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Yeah I also thought CA was bad...

...until I moved to Chicago. Definitely going to take my tax dollars elsewhere soon, and no it's not just about the CCW; this place is so backwards and fucked up. However, if I was a criminal, especially a violent one, there would be few better places in this country to go to so easily prey on law abiding citizens.

OP, are you allowed to carry a bat as a device intended for "self defense" only? I know when I was working as an MP (albeit in this country), we were trained that something like this could be considered a weapon, depending on the intent of the owner. My impression was if you needed the bat for baseball, you were ok (make sure to use it and get some good marks on it, maybe carry at least a glove too). However, if you answered us with the notion that the bat was for self defense, I was under the impression that you could incriminate yourself that way. Same thing with knives; I kept one that was for "utility" and never had an issue, but if that same knife had been for self defense, then I may have had problems.

That being said, this was on a military base in the US, so it probably has nothing to do with the way things are in The Hat, but check it out to make sure carrying a bat for self defense isn't an issue where you are.
I already checked the Canadian criminal code and just about everything is a weapon. Every in is listed, every knife, baton, club, brass knuckle, pepper spray, nun chucks, and then a line at the end saying any item used as a weapon not intended for its original purpose, so a baseball bat as well.v

But I have it in the back and threw in a baseball cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Get a rifle, easy to get and have in Canuckistan, used to be in Winterpeg for a bit. Handguns a nono.

Should have thrown a little bit of BC bud out in the street and watch him chase it into oncoming traffic and get hit, not your fault right?