09-23-2010, 03:00 AM   #208
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
I actually have a question for you guys...sort of an opinion on my situation.

I am 6'7'' 230 lbs and used to be obese (360 lbs). I just dieted (no gym) and lost the weight in a year. Anyways, since I didn't hit the gym, I am not ripped...I mean, I have normal sized muscles for my size. I have been going to the gym on and off for like 2 years now ranging from 6x/week in summer, to basically 3x/week in winter or not at all. This was due to time constraints given crazy school schedule, and has basically got me nowhere!

I am thinking of doing P90X (I downloaded it and did a biceps/shoulders video since I had the appropriate equipment and I honestly like it) - I think it has major potential (an pain). I hated and still hate going to the gym - mostly because it takes 15min to drive there and 15 back - + wasting time there...basically 1.5-2 hrs each session. I like the time there, just don't like the fact that I waste that much of my day.

The next problem arises in the fact that I am a medical student - and rounds are staring this winter...i.e. not much time. I know for a FACT that I will not be able to give 1-1.5hr/day on P90X, but I am wondering if you guys think it's worth doing this routine, albeit at a slower pace (i.e. 1 day on, 1 day off or 2 days on, 1 day off). Given the fact that I can do this @ home/appt, it minimizes the 30 min of driving that can be substituted for well-needed sleep...This is as opposed to doing nothing, or just hitting up the gym when I have time and probably doing some biking every few days.

Opinions welcome.
Appreciate 0