View Single Post
      11-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
Richard@M-World
United_States
Rep
Drives: NASA TTA #92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyK View Post
Hey guys, im looking for getting a set of "18 R40 as a separate set for track. Everything as far as brakes on the car is stock, so my question is would they fit alright? What about the width, is that something that is based on the tyres i will put on them or i have to specify it when im going to order? Also i would appreciate if someone used them and has anything to share in terms of it being a good choice or not, thanks.
As far as I know, HRE custom makes its wheels, so you can spec it to whatever works on your car. They've also done a ton of wheels for the M3 and will have no problem building you a set that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protocav View Post
If this is a track only set then (in my opinion) there is only one option: 18 X 10 with a 25 offset, Nitto NT-01 tires in 275/35-18 all the way around. No rubbing, no issues with the computer, just pure fun. These are probably the grippiest tires that will still allow you to drive to the track. The only thing better would be full slicks (40 treadwear).
+1 on the wheel set up. You may want a 5-10 mm spacer to push the rear wheels out a little, but not required.

This 18x10 ET25 set up also works because of tire availability. One of the most common tires to use is 275/35/18 (check tirerack)... from street tires to DOT-R.