OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbraslins View Post
I don't track often, but when I do ...

No, seriously, I don't track very often, but my pace is picking up and as I am learning more, I am starting to notice more and more how car behaves in corners.

This weekend at VIR I found myself having to actually soften the car because it had some bouncing coming out of corners on throttle and straights. My initial instinct was to stiffen it up, but Tom Long suggested I soften it instead. He suspected it had too much rebound dampening. Softening it 2 clicks fixed it, but introduced slight body roll.

Overall still incredibly happy with them. I do feel like they are best compromise for a DD car. But now I wish I had two-way adjustables

Problem is, any two-way adjustable would ruin the street comfort, that Ohlins have.

Luckily, I don't plant to track E90 all that often. Hoping to build an e46 330 for future spec e46 class.
Not necessarily true. My 2-way JRZ RS Pro, on street settings (3 clicks from softest) is supple and superb on the pedestrian roads & freeways. (mated to GC racing camber plate & Eibach 550f/800r springs)
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0