View Single Post
      01-13-2008, 09:17 PM   #57
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
So basically what you're saying is no car company should try to compete or start building a high performance line of cars unless they have a heritage of performance racing. So how would all of the M's ever exist? You don't really think that BMW have always made high performance cars from the begining did you. And for your information, if it comes to racing heritage, Toyota has plenty of that also. In terms of high performance cars, the Supra has been around as well. Before you start trolling, try to get some info and knowledge first, even just a little bit.

PLease tell me the number of F1 wins Toyota has had since they started. OK how about podium finishes? I am not saying Toyota shouldn't try....just come with better weapons next time. Can't wait to see the 2 heads up on a road course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
A motor with 420hp, 350lbs of torque and 0-60 in 4.2 secs is not sporty for you. This is what i mean when i said i know what you are trying to do. I get it and it's cool.
A 5.0 liter engine? See what BMW or Porsche can do with that..... The engine is heavy and slow to rev.