05-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #28
xtac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
Is there any reason you are leaning towards the D7000 instead of something else like the Canon 7D or 60D?
No reason other than most people seem to recommend the 7000. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know honestly which one is better for me, should I consider the 7d or 60d?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
No D7000 is "US manufactured." They either come through US distribution channels or they don't. Although I've never understood why it makes a difference through which channel the camera was distributed. Canon is the same way. Like a 7D bought in Europe is less worthy of a warranty than one bought in the US? How does that work?

But you're on the right track as far as warranty. If it doesn't cost much more, buy the one with the full warranty. If it does cost a lot more, decide if you're willing to risk having to pay for repairs should something go wrong. If the warranteed camera is say, $300 more, do you think the camera will fail to the tune of $300 during the warranty period?

As far as lenses go, if you can afford it, you might want to consider the 18-200mm. You get a more usable range and it's a great lens according to friends who own one (I don't).

I have no idea why they do that but they do. I'll most likely go with either amazon or newegg, amazon im fully protected i dont have to send back anything to nikon just ship it back to them. Newegg is great beacause they don't charge me tax. It seems like these cameras do malfunction frequently atleast thats the impression i get reading reviews, maybe its just the nature of the business.

I understand every lens has its use, and since i'll be not focusing on one subject area it should allow a beginner to take photos of various subjects but also have a learning curve and not outgrow it quickly. If that makes any sense...