View Single Post
      12-25-2011, 03:00 AM   #18
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessZ4M View Post
Kaiv is a frequent track/street junkie and would take his opinion as spot on most of the time. He has had a bunch of suspensions, including H&R, so have I. I have been through Moton, Aragosta, Top Secret, HKS, Ohlins, H&R, Bilstein, to name a few and for daily driving and commuting H&R is not junk. They actually hold their own in that respect and are perfectly fine for the average driver, which is 90% of drivers on the road, including you and I.

Sorry to hear you have had bad luck with H&R but not everyone has had that type of luck. In fact most of us have had little to no issues at all with their setups.
That is great you had a good experience with them but I went through two sets of H&R coilovers and they both had piston free play after 3 months of street driving. 1 set, okay, maybe it's a fluke but 2 sets both went bad within the same time frame? You really have to wonder about their build quality if shocks are going bad after 4000 miles of street driving.

Their customer service was terrible as well. It took 1 month to warranty a shock each time. The first H&R rep I spoke to on the phone told me it was impossible and their shocks are bulletproof. I told him, hey I got an example of the "impossible" right here. After I mailed it to him, no word out of him anymore.
Appreciate 0