View Single Post
      04-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #12
rich_cpw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW M5 silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleboy View Post
What is a wheel exchange? I couldn't go without a car for 2 weeks... not even one week...

-David
They work all different ways. You can:

1. Pay a security deposit, get the powder coated version of the wheels, and then send your original wheels back and get the security deposit refunded,

or

2. Send in your wheels to get them powder coated, and hopefully you have a set of spare wheels to drive on, or another car to drive while you wait,

or

3. Drive to the place that does the powder coating, get your wheels done up and installed right then and there. Bring a Playstation Portable while you're hanging around waiting for them to get the work done.

;-)

I personally paid the security deposit, because I know my wheels are in good shape and that I'd send them in as soon as I got my powder coat wheels in from the company that did 'em (LA Wheel and Tire, if you're curious). I got my whole sec. deposit refunded in a couple days, so it really only cost me the amount to get the wheels powder coated, rather than buying powder coated wheels outright and having two sets (the PC ones and my original ones).

Most places will work with you to accommodate your needs, it seems.
Appreciate 0