View Single Post
      04-06-2007, 04:30 AM   #36
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

I work in marketing and on various projects relating to the media for example when you see a BMW presentation like one now you are raving about amongst many that have come from the creative side of my brain. At the bequest of my employers. It is basically intentionally "creative marketing" everybody does it how else do magazines get their sources in relating to "whats coming from...." We subliminally connect information relating cars to additional speculation and and watch and monitor the debate. This is significant to us marketing the car to the right demographic through image,culture,music and lifestyle in our campaigns.

I see the cars early on in all variants Coupe,Cabrio etc... And attend film shoots etc to see my baby begin it's creative first steps.

The first M3's i saw had the licence plate in the bumper this was a specific reason. At Geneva's press conference you did not see the hint when BMW R&D chief was talking about M cars being the pinnacle of M-Dynamics the car was a CSL hybrid because there was more Carbon Fibre on the Concept than there was on the production car.

From the beginning I have always maintained that the Roof will be Carbon Fibre dropping hints of the painted surface like what was done with the M6 and of course colour film with a sunroof hole to keep you all guessing - Is that really a sunroof ? on GCZ. Every BMW Coupe in M series from now on including the upcoming M1 will receive the Carbon Fibre Roof - Lightweight technology is a key factor to BMW's "efficient dynamics" programme.

The BMW M6 CSL Concept Car will preview what the M3 CSL will offer - Lets just say it will be lot different than the E46 CSL it will offer greater flexibility in lightweight technology.
Appreciate 0