View Single Post
      08-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #37
USCTrojanMan29
Captain
Rep
Drives: Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
PCA GGC drivers are a bunch of pansies based on my experience at their 3 day laguna seca event last year. I was in the intermediate group and almost every porsche on the track was driving miss daisy. I asked if I could move up to the advanced group because they weren't giving point-by's and they just told me I was fine where I was. By the 3rd day there were lots of complaints that the BMW's were driving "way too aggressively" which wasn't the case at all. They just had a bunch of beginner drivers in the intermediate group. They don't seem to like other makes running in their club. It was a very strange event.

Edit: Obviously I'm still pretty bitter about that event and I'm sure there are probably a lot of very fast drivers there, but sticking beginner drivers in an intermediate group and saying our pace is too fast (while not letting us move up) doesn't leave the best impression.
That's really interesting...I ran with them back in May at Buttonwillow and found them to be faster than guys in the BMW CCA groups. But I can see how some of them don't do point-bys because of the egos of having an expensive car. You should have just registered in the advanced group as it's not easy to move up groups in PCA events.
Appreciate 0