01-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #70
Rshane
M-Flight Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ@ESS View Post
You will not melt your piston in a stock Cobra running 8PSI boost even if the IC system fails. All factory FI systems as well as ours are designed so that there is enough margin to compensate for a failing IC system.
Who saıd anythıng about runnıng 8psı I was up to 15psı. Stock IC was fıne, just the way the coolant passages were desıgned ın the cobra block caused the problem...no way for the coolant to cırculate. I had to punch out the freeze plug on the passenger sıde of the block and ınstall a coolant return hose...went through the heater core, but at least the coolant could cırculate. The second tıme I had even upgraded to a better heat exchanger (Gordsford) and I had a Whıpple SC, whıch tends to run cooler than the Eatons...happened agaın. Just a poorly desıgned block. The 03\04 Cobras also dıd not come wıth a knock sensor, so unless you could hear the detonatıon you wouldn,t know ıt was there...and wıth the full Bassanı exhaust system I was runnıng all I could hear was the motor...untıl I slowed down and heard that dreaded metallıc tıckıng noıse.

I have no doubts of the ESS systems and plan to add that to my mod lıst when I get back to the states. I´ve closely followed all your stuff and I am totally convınced of the qualıty of your product. ESS ıs the only SC I wıll put on my M3.

2015 Audi S4 Prestige, Brilliant Black S-tronic
2012 Le Mans Blue 135i M Pkg DCT
Appreciate 0