10-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #41
Billj747
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
I've considered set of larger heat exchangers (radiator, oil cooler, DCT cooler, power steering cooler, etc, did I miss anything else? lulz), but I'm just not all convinced that they're very effective. Cost, while laughably high, is secondary. Also, so far, I've stuck to not modify anything on my car other than the coilover & BBK that I currently have, I'm just not willing at this point to have shops take apart things in the engine bay, etc, to put those heat exchangers in. Compared to say S/C install, I know those things are relatively simple, but from what I've experienced so far at various so-called tuning shops that are around, I don't trust any of them.

Based on my little testing this past Saturday at Chuckwalla, on hot summer days, I'll just track by shifting less. I was amazed that the temp guage stayed at steady 255F when I shifted less, and was able to run 7~8 straight hot laps (which I wasn't able to since February of this year). Doing that got me slower lap times, but during hot summer months, nobody is setting any lap records anyways.
Seriously, fricken upgrade your engine oil cooler and you'll be so much happier. Not fun short-shifting and putting around...
Appreciate 0