Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
I wonder if you fellows can scan your service invoice area that list what oil was changed? and post it here as a image ... that would be great.

You make a good point. I will check my manual and have it with me when I get my oil changed.

No matter what I will insist the the transmission oil be changed even if I have to pay for it. As a mechanical engineer I know there be foreign particles small burrs etc in the oil if even in micro format that over time will harm the transmission so I like that to be flushed out and recharged with fresh oil.

This question is for the Canadian M3 drivers ...

I don't know why there should be a difference between a Canadian and a US delivered car ...

US M3 drivers feel free to comment if you like

I read in this forum that after 1200 miles break in (2000 KM) mark in Canada the oil will be changed. What I read was Engine Oil, Transmission Oil and Differential Oil.

When I asked my SA what will be changed when I have 2000 KM on the odometer he said "Only the Engine Oil"

So the question I have what oil was changed on your cars after the break in period was completed.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter
I am back in Canada for the holidays and stopped by my Canadian BMW dealer to discuss the issues on my diplomatic delivery.

While I was there, I asked the service manager and two sales guys what is in the 2000 km service. They said oil, transmission fluid and differential fluid. I had the same answer from the SA in Switzerland who will be taking the car in for the service in January.
Appreciate 0