05-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #24
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Definitely looking forward to this, especially given the enormous cost margin compared to the PFC08s in ST60 fitment. I can't believe they're $582! I guess I'll just have to wait until the SR pads have been on the market longer and more broadly adopted to find out how the wear rates compare. I did find this thread that suggested the SR34s might wear out very quickly, though (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=815445), so on a per-mile basis the PFC08 cost may not be too far off. It's also sounding like the SR33 or 32 may be worth investigating as well. Decisions, decisions.....
First time out with the SR32s yesterday, and I don't really like them. Not in the same league as the RS29s.

Pedal and feel very inconsistent. Sometimes fantastic initial bite, other times I'm waiting for them to grab. And that change in feel is seemingly without correlation to brake fade, i.e. the strong initial bite and longer travel comes and goes randomly over the course of a lap/session. Also the steering wheel "juddering" that I got when I tried street/track pads is back. They stop well enough I suppose, but don't feel nearly as good or consistent as the Pagids. Actually, the SR32s feel almost exactly as I remember the Street Performance pads on track.

Appreciate 0