12-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #7
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvai View Post
Hi to everyone.

Went to a dealer in Miami to try and order or pre-order the M3. The salesmen said that they are still not receiving orders, but asked me for my info so he can contact me when they started the thing.

I hate dealerships and I never believe anything they say, but just for the sake of the post, he said that the first M3's were going to arrive not before May-June and probaly with a premium. He suggested that I should buy a 335 and gave me all the BS of the 10k premium for the M3 and so and so.

Probably this guys prefer to just sell a car now?I told him that I wasn't going to buy a new car until next year, so I would wait anyway. Them he came back to the M3 saying that he would contact me and more BS.

Opinions?
Other than never buying a first model year of any car, trying to pre-order a car that its price is not even announced are my two biggest no-no's...

For me, pre-ordering a car that the price is not even announced is exactly like telling a salesperson to fill all the blanks in my purchase contract with the numbers that he/she wants. Maybe you are going to find a great dealer that not only will gladly take your order, but will sell you strictly by sticker if you keep looking (both Ft. Lauderdale dealers are much better than any in Miami in my experience), but it seems to me that only those dealers/salesperson that you have bought from them before -and it was a nice experience for both- will treat you right under these conditions.

I don't know what else to tell you; you want to be one of the first owners of the M3 among a bunch just like you, so some dealers are going to have a field day with you. If the same thing happened with the PT Cruiser, for God's sake, I would not expect anything different for the M3 now.

It is simple, like it or not.
Appreciate 0