View Single Post
      10-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #187
gobrigavitch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 JZB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
If you cannot determine on your own how much of a hassle this iDrive swap is, after reading this thread and the link that I posted just above you own post, then you better get a 2009.

This DIY is not for you.
How can you say it's not for me. You don't have any knowledge about my DIY skills. I did look at all your posts and from what I gathered you pieced together your solution from used parts, etc and you yourself said it cost much more than it had to. I'm trying to get an informed opinion from people who have actually done the swap. Hopefully from people who have also done one of the turnkey solutions. If you were in my shoes and you could buy a 2009 or a 2008 how much of a price difference would it take to get you to DIY? Also how long of an install is it with the turnkey solution? It looks like about 2-4hrs for the hardware portion, but I'm uncertain about the time spent to update the software. One of the vendors made it sound like some of this could be done with a laptop at home I'm guessing that could take many hours.
Appreciate 0