01-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #29
mid-corner fun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, '22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMK007 View Post
UPDATE - NEW CAR PURCHASE: This will certainly come as a curve ball to those who have been following this thread. I bought a car today but it was none of the three options I had been contemplating. I got an amazing deal trading my '10 GTI for a 2012 328i, sport package, that had less than 4K miles. I absolutely love the car.

So what does this mean for my NASA TT plans? They are still on--just different. A 2012 BMW 328i conveniently falls into TTD. Thus, I could run the car in near stock form in TTD (taking an automatic 5 pts for turbo). With a car this new, I may just run it in TTD with the stock suspension and Nitto NT-01s 235/40/17. I know it will probably not be competitive but I just can't see ditching an oem sport suspension with less than 4K miles. The other option is to shoot for TTC but I think I may wait a year or so for that.
congrats, now you need to strip some weight to be competitive, about 1000lb I'd say

TTD is Miata & Spec e30 territory on this side of the world but hey you never know. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Appreciate 0