View Single Post
      12-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #84
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

ah the M3 driver stereotype shines again

Stock for stock most drivers can't drive a M3 to win on the track against a AWD Audi, given equal drivers, the Audi will always win because it is so much more forgiving.
Stock for stock, the M3 has the power on the street and launching a car isn't all that hard compared to pushing it on the track. I love it when people call certain things drivers races, if you like that sort of thing.

Chipped S4 makes what...450+ at the wheel?? That is a good 100whp over the M3?
How is the M3 ever going to keep up when it has no problems putting the power down even with the extra power?

Boosted E92s? I've seen boosted E46 at some 500rwhp with Cup tires at the hands of a PRO (and I mean current racing pro, not driving instructor pro) with my own eyes and as a passanger, and it is just all over the place despite the extra 200rwhp difference, wasn't much faster than my bone stock E46, well at least not 200rwhp faster.

Fact of the matter is, the S4 is a great car as is the M3, but its hard to beat AWD on the track, and its hard to beat traction with RWD especially when you're boosted.

Then again, its just my humble opinion and what i've seen at the track, not the local street races and magazines.

But in the end, my friend bought the B8 S4 and I bought the M3, and we've both made the right decision.

Bottom line, you seriously can't go wrong with either.
Appreciate 0