View Single Post
      06-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #7
08rookie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
posted this in your other thread, i'll post it here as well.

what's your strong suits/passions?
too many to list...

i love the hustle...i dont mean that in the "gully" sense...

i mean in the 'art of the sale' sense...my family business allows me to sell some high ticket services to consumers in need. i love the business side of the service we provide and the appreciation we receive compounds the joy after the job is done...problem is i cant invest in my business. its the kind of business you can pour money into (advertising, expanding) and wouldnt get ahead. check the signature lol

a friend of mine started a publishing company...he sold advertising space in golf journals. the book was 99% ads and 1% content. he called business's all around florida and arizona. had a phone room and paid dedicated sales guys 30 percent on whatever they sold. last month he grossed close to 35k. minus his salaries and overhead he made a decent amount of coin without ever leaving his desk. his start up costs were under 4500. he just used the money he was making to bankroll his upgrades (automated dial software, expanded distribution)...i even sold some ads myself and he paid me nicee...cold calling is a pain in the ass but if you compare the money to the time put in you could make some cash.

in my city magazine there is a story about 2 ladies who bought an old truck and converted into a mobile cupcake store. they would tweet or update about where they would be and by the time they arrived on scene (strip malls, industrial office complexes, college campuses) there would be close to 20 people at each parking lot buying 3 dollar cupcakes...

10k isnt a lot of money....but banks only offer 1% return. i can save that by collecting quarters every wknd...i dont gamble...i dont know anything about stocks, muni bonds, short sells on margin or whatever the fack that means...

just thinking out loud i guess...thats all
Appreciate 0