View Single Post
      08-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
BoomM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
I remember PM'ing GOLFRRR (number one sales agent in the US hands down from everything I have ever read on these forums) about this once when I was looking at buying a brand new ///M myself, his response pretty much said you cannot order directly through any American dealerships and have it brought to Canada to get it registered. If you have a house in the states then of course you could do it and just have it re-registered in Canada or maybe if you have family out there just get it in one of their names and then re-register it again in Ottawa. The easiest option would be if you didn't mind someone lightly using the car, would be to go to the classified sections and look at the threads where someone is selling a 2011/.5/.75 and purchase it from them with only a couple thousand miles on the clock.

Good luck in finding the perfect ///M.
Thought about that. The only issue with doing that is paying the State sales tax on top of paying the roughly 20% (duty + HST, etc). The car still works out cheaper than canada even going that route. Ontario Dealers don't seem to have any wiggle room on the price, even if you do ED. $86K+HST is a lot to pay!

I was hoping I could workout something with a dealer and buy the car either myself or through a friend and do a European Delivery on it- put some miles on it, then when the car arrives back in the US its considered used....

Did you end up buying it brand new in canada?
Appreciate 0