08-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #69
TTSam
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Ever since I was a little girl, I've liked cars. Dunno why. I don't like mechanical or other 'guy' things... But I love the sensation of control, precision and skilled manoeuvring at speed.

But I wanted to be responsible, so I only drove reliable, boring-mobile, cheap cars until I had graduated from an eternity of school and had worked for a couple of years.

Then one day, I saw a beautiful, new E46 ZHP coupe. It was love at first sight:

I was able to 'afford' the ZHP back then, but decided to play it 'safe' financially. However, since then, I've lusted after beautiful 3-series coupes...

Finally, in 2010, I took the plunge and bought a 335i coupe. I never even considered an M car. I thought the 335i would be more than enough for me!

Then I discovered Bimmerpost.

I was in a good place financially. And the money I decided to put into my house rather than the ZHP back then helped me reach my goal today: to get one of the last S65's...

I hope to pick it up next week. I'm one extremely happy lady.
Julie,

I am so glad to hear you are finally getting your car next week.

It has been a very long time in coming, and I have no idea how you were able to be patient and last this long.

Enjoy the car - you deserve it. We all want to hear how it goes and to see pics of course.

Regarding this thread - I lusted for an M car since the very first model appeared back in my youth.

I have owned two P Cars a Ferrari, and an Aston Martin DB9; and one of the best cars of all time (which I am sure nobody here has ever heard of) Fiat Strada.

Love the P cars - loved the Ferrari - the Aston was incredible.............

But none of these beat the current M3 in a naturally aspirated form, as a do everything daily car for all seasons.
Appreciate 0