05-31-2008, 10:26 AM   #16
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
I'm pretty sure Sport on the no tech package is equal to Sport Plus on the tech package, it's just named differently because there is only two options not three.
Not to beat a dead horse, but that's incorrect. The Owner's Manual describes the settings for both Tech Package and non-Tech package. "The "Sport Plus" program can only be activated with MDrive" is pretty clear.
Quote:
In my opinion anytime you soften up the suspension or take power out such as normal mode compared to sport, that is what I consider detuning. Just a word I chose to describe any setting below full stock performance of the car.
The EDC is not techinically part of the ZTP package, since it is available standalone. However, it has two active shock settings, which cars without EDC do not have. "Normal" is roughly equivalent to the base car suspension in firmness. "Comfort" is softer but still controlled (not floaty at all). "Sport" is stiffer than stock and best only on very smooth roads or track. Again, the active dampers and additional stiff setting are in no way detuning the car.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0