View Single Post
      10-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #271
GOVCO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 AW M3 DCT [Slight Mods]

Quote:
Originally Posted by username11 View Post
No, it's relevant, because you respond to every criticism with "well, it's designed that way because of [insert technical/historical usage here]" which has no bearing on the wearer.

Our conversation has gone something like this:

Me: Oversized flashy watches look bad.. look at that guy, his watch is bigger than his hand.

You: The watches are giant because pilots and divers need to see them!

Me: But that guy is not a pilot, he is sitting behind a desk, he can't even button his shirt cuffs because his watch is so big, and yes.. the watch still looks stupid.

You: The company that made that watch was founded in 1860!! They were instrumental in Italy's efforts in World war II!

Me: What the fuck does that have to do with how the watch looks NOW? Plus that's just about the worst brand heritage you could have this side of Volkswagen.

You: But, but, your arguments are irrelevant!! Does he need to be a pilot to fly a plane to wear a watch that is the size of a plane? He could be wearing a peacoat but not be in the Navy!

Me: WTF dude, nevermind.
We would get along so well...you sarcastic prick. Love it! P.S. Here's how our convo would go:

Me: You can be my wing man anytime!

You: B.S., you can be my wingman!

Me: Makes no shit to me...let's roll with our big flashy watches

[insert music - sippin on sum Starbucks...laid back...with my mind on my big fat wrist watch, and my big watch wrist watch on my mind...]

Seriously though, I am surprised none of you mentioned you like the 201-carat Chopard: $25 million price tag:

Name:  untitled.png
Views: 407
Size:  447.0 KB

Nah...too flashy for me. Not to mention it's not digital.

Last edited by GOVCO; 10-18-2011 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0