08-20-2009, 08:54 PM   #96
AZ-BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E93 w/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-BMW View Post
Well it seems our advocate at U.S. DOT NHTSA, Emily, is departing (although after her initial E-Mail after I filed my complaint, I never did hear from her again anyway); refer to her E-Mail to me today:

"After this week I will no longer be in this office and my e-mail will be phased out. Therefore, if you have any other responses or questions, please contact Ajit Alkondon at ajit.alkondon@dot.gov. Thank you so much for all of your time and information. Have a great day. Emily Reichard"
Now I know where Emily went (quote from the news today):
"Congress only set aside about a month for the program to get up and running and picked the National Highway Transpiration Safety Administration, which specializes in road safety and vehicle recalls, to run it. The agency, known as NHTSA, had never run a program like this before. It devoted 30 employees and 200 contractors to handle the program — and they were swamped almost from the moment dealers' applications began rolling in."
She got assigned to the Cash-For-Clunkers program, processing dealer submissions

2009 AW M3 E93 - Black Novillo|DCT|ZTP|ZPP|752 Enh Audio|4UT|Heated Seats|6FL|6NF|
For jpg's: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=186382&page=4
Traded: 2007 335i E93
Appreciate 0