View Single Post
      01-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Towne BMW for US cars

My wife just took the car to Towne BMW in Buffalo to get some free service under the US free maintenance program (it's a US car). In short, it worked. But the result does not make me completely happy.

On the positive side, they replaced pads, fixed brake sensors i broke at the track, replaced spark plugs, changed diff fluid and engine oil at no cost and all in one day. They even gave my wife a free loaner for the day so that she could drive to eat and shop while in Buffalo/Niagara.

On the flip side, they did not replace rotors, even though SA promised to when I talked to him initially. Yeah, right - the receipt says "rotors in good shape", did not replace wipers until I complained, did not replace cabin air filter at all (I forgot to remind, but my US dealership when I lived there did not need reminders - new filter every 2 years, new wipers every year, without me asking on a regular 3 series). So the moral is Towne BMW does work for the free maintenance on US cars, but you need to watch them.

Well, my glass is 3/4 full
Appreciate 0