View Single Post
      09-27-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
imserious
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 MR

Keeping the leather looking factory matte

Just finished cleaning my leather earlier today and think I found the answer.

Griots interior cleaner spray + brush + leather masters leather protection creme

I've tried the leather masters cleaner and conditioner and it was super matte but the cleaner did not work well.

I tried the griots cleaner and conditioner and it cleaned super well, but the conditioner was greasy. Not so bad, but not super matte like the leather masters.

So I combined the griots cleaner and the leather masters protection creme and can't be happier.

The griots cleaner works really well. You have to use a brush (horse or boars hair) and give it some muscle. Get it to "sud" and work it. Wipe down with a micro fiber cloth and it gets the stains and dirt out. Repeat if there are heavily soiled areas and use clean cloths to wipe up and pull dirt away. Leaves a super matte finish.

The leather masters protection creme is great. Apply a thin layer and let dry. There is minimal product to wipe up. The result is super matte once again.

I know everyone swears by leatherique and I don't doubt it, but I think this is a super 1-2 combo alternative.
Appreciate 0