07-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #84
abizarvakharia
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
For example, I've coded the following on mine:

- Instant MPG
- Doors unlock when engine is turned off (no more pressing the Central Locking button or "double-clutching the door handle")
- Keyfob is ejected when engine is turned off (no more pushing the keyfob in to pull it out)
- Windows and moonroof can be closed with the keyfob rather than just opened (this is enabled by default on Euro cars but disabled on US cars because we're too quick to sue)
- Unaltered digital speedometer (in default mode it's consistent with the analog speedo, which is programmed to read about 7% fast as a safeguard since it's illegal for them to read even 1% slow)
- EfficientDynamics shift suggestions, for those few times when you want to drive to optimize fuel economy (6MT only)
- Alarm beeps on lock but doesn't beep on unlock (I like the lock beep since it doesn't happen if a door is only partially closed but the useless unlock double-beep always got on my nerves)
- iDrive startup legal disclaimer removed
- iDrive fuel stop suggestion (if you have a route configured you can go to Route Information and it will list gas stations near where you'll need to refuel and immendiately let you add one as a waypoint -- ironically this feature is mentioned in the manual but not actually enabled on US cars)
Can u default the "M" mode to on too?
Appreciate 0