01-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #50
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
because let's be honest, it requires a great amount of skill to drive fast a high-powered RWD car...
That is a very true statement - but then again, that's precisely where the fun is. Driving a car that challenges you a little and requires an increase in your driving skills surely is not a burden, but a pleasure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nal13 View Post
So yes I get a little sad when I pull up next to an M3 but then I look at my Penguin alcantara seats and turn up the ridic B&O system and think to myself I still got it pretty good.
I think you've got the perfect car for your priorities.

For example, I don't yearn for an S4 at all - not even last night, when I made it home safely in my M in one of the worst driving conditions the area has ever experienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
Or go drive a 911 turbo or Carrera 4/4S. All have better steering feel than our M3s despite being AWD.
Comparing apples to apples - meaning cars on the same chassis from the same manufacturer - the RWD versions always have better steering feel. There is a very simple mechanical reason for this, there's no magic involved.

In this vein, adding AWD to an M3 would rob it of the little steering feel it still possesses.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0