watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94JZA80 View Post
i didn't have the patience to actually read through this thread, so if i'm saying anything that's already been said, i apologize in advance...

...anyways, hard top conv. FTL. it requires more moving parts (and more parts in general) than a folding soft top. it also weighs more than the soft top that could be in its place.

now, putting functionality aside (which is appropriate since most 335i's are daily rides, not track monsters), lets concentrate on aesthetics...first we have the smooth flowing lines of the e92:

...and then there are the additional lines created by the seams in the folding hard top of the e93 (which totally disrupts the smooth flowing lines that were originally apparent on the e92):

...its funny how a few additional lines can completely break up the look of an otherwise smooth, flowing design. i love the e92, but the e93 makes me want to and ...when the top is up anyways...now would a soft top look nicer in its place? i don't know, i've never seen one b/c they don't exist, and its hard for me to picture it...but it doesn't change my opinion that the hard top conv. still looks bad. i suppose a soft top could have looked quite bad as well, in which case it seems BMW simply chose the least offensive design, kind of like the presidential election - we voted for who we thought was the lesser of two evils...

What a load of old cods waloop, stop playing pocket billairds and take your hands out of the pockets, just because you did not think to buy a vert.

The lines are probably one of the best out of all the verts currently on the market, the lines are not flowing, gives us break fruit cup!

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0