09-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #9
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
Get rid of the LFA? Arguably one of the best sports cars in the world at the moment that holds records at the Nurgburgring for production vehicles? It was created to showcase Lexus / Toyota's ability and it did so very well. I think you need to reevaluate that comment. And when you say business move, I don't seem to recall them having a problem selling them even with that high of a price.

What they are doing is fine... They need to update the Is-F when they get a chance so that it will be a good competitor for the new M3 but they have a few years to do that.

Number one priority right now should be the recreation of the Supra. Something that can compete with the GTR - but then again that is not realistic, no car the price of a Supra could ever compete with the GTR. If they recreate the Supra it will be a 50-60K or so car that can probably compete with the likes of M3's, Audi S4's and maybe C63's. There current model lineup will not allow a Supra to be better than the LFA and that's what it needs to be, to be better than a GTR.
I understand the purpose of it was to showcase Toyota's racing heritage meshed with top-of-the line luxury from the Lexus division. The car isn't a complete waste, and I understand they sell well, mainly because of the market that its targeting and as well as performance capabilities. People buying $400+ cars tend to buy them as novelties in addition to their many other vehicles. I get that, from a business perspective.

I'm just not a fan of it overall. The performance is mind blowing (supercar status), a true testament of Toyota's pedigree on the track. The design seems a bit off. Doesn't look like a $400k car, more like $200k+. Ah well, different opinions.

I just wish the Supra would come back. It doesn't need to be faster than the GTR, just close enough. They could do it.
Appreciate 0